Thursday, January 12, 2012

Doctor's Appointment! Week 24

I had my last monthly appointment this week! Starting next month, my appointments will be every two weeks (yikes! time is flying!)

This week was my one-hour glucose test. Not particularly fun. It was also the first appointment that Josh couldn't make it to. Which was fine. This is probably the first appointment that wasn't much fun. There was no ultrasound, we've heard the heartbeat a few times already and we had no pressing questions for the doctor. But it WAS a long appointment, and it would have been fun to have the husband there for entertainment.

The nurse clocked my weight at 142. My morning-weight this week has been steady at 139, which is 22 pounds up from my pre-pregnancy weight of 117. My blood pressure was normal, and the doctor measured my stomach for the first time, but didn't have much to say about it. I assume because the purpose is to compare it from appointment to appointment.

The glucose test itself kind of sucked. I was afraid that "the drink" was going to make me sick, but I kept it down. Drawing blood wasn't particularly easy for the nurse either. It took her a few tries. I'm going to have to remember that veins are easier to find in my left arm.

We decided FOR SURE on full names. We have been going back and forth on middle names a lot lately, but we settled on two that we love. The full names sound great, and we couldn't be happier. I can't wait until I get to call this little on by it's name!

Pregnancy dreams are not fun. Last night, I dreamed that the baby (a boy!) was here and I could never find him after putting him down. I think this is a reflection of my anxiety of not having the crib or cradle ready yet. It was a scary dream. I hate it when my dreams affect me in my waking life. I've been looking up crib mattresses all day so that the baby will have a place to sleep (even though we have more than three months left!)

No comments :

Post a Comment