Saturday, September 14, 2013

Rhett's Room

Since we moved this summer, I took the opportunity to decorate Rhett's room up a little bit more. I did some decorating in our old place, but it was kind of lame because the room had been painted as a GIRL'S nursery. And ugly one at that. Also, Rhett only slept in his room, because it was on the second floor, and we like to do most of our living on the ground floor. But now we have some fabulous white walls to work worth (ok, not fabulous. But not pink! So it's an improvement). And since we're on one level now, Rhett can really enjoy his room. The theme I went with morphed from Eric Carle in the early days to Children's literature in general (with a heavy emphasis on Eric Carle because I love him and I already had the stuff).  Sorry the pictures aren't great, they're from my phone.




This little display shelf holds some treasured toys from Josh and my childhoods


The crib! Hungry caterpillar sheets. The bed skirt was made for me by a friend







Overall, I am very pleased with his room. It's a happy little place and he spends a lot of time in there now. He loves being read to and looking at all his books, so I think a literature theme is right up his alley.

The quotes above the changing table are: "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always. As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be" (from Love you Forever). "Some days are like that. Even in Australia" (from Alexander and the Horrible, Awful Terrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day) and "Listen to the musn'ts child. Listen to the don'ts. Listen to the shouldn'ts, the impossibles, the won'ts. Listen to the never-haves then listen close to me. Anything can happen child, anything can be" (from Shel Silverstein).

3 comments :