Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Kisses--A post from Dad.

I thought it would be fun for Josh to post every once in awhile. After all, this is really our story, and it would be a shame if his voice wasn't heard every once in awhile. So I'll be asking him to write periodically. Here's post number one!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hannah has asked me to write an entry; so here it goes. 

Last week’s ultrasound was thrilling!  Seeing the heart chambers pound open and close lifted my face into the biggest smile.  It was especially cute when the Bee waved and sucked its little thumb.  It is so hard to believe that the Baby is only ten inches long, yet at the same time it’s hard to believe that it’s already ten inches long. 

These next four months are going to be the longest of my life.  When I talk to my nieces and nephews, who are eagerly waiting for Christmas, it is exactly how I feel with Baby Bumblebee.  I can’t wait until it gets here! I can’t wait to see what gender we will be blessed with.  I can’t wait to hold it for the first time. There are so many wonderful moments ahead and I can’t wait to experience them with my wonderful wife. 

While I am at work (at a job I despise, I only work there because of the insurance) I spend most of my time daydreaming about playing with the baby.   In fact, my excitement for the baby has superseded my excitement for Christmas.  Christmas is on Sunday and it has never in my life come this quickly. 

So--long story short, I have never been this excited about anything (except my wedding).  And as much crap as I get from my guy friends about wanting a baby, I wouldn’t trade these moments for anything.  We are truly blessed!

No comments :

Post a Comment