Thursday, December 8, 2011

Whoa, We're Halfway There

Yikes, I let more than a week slip by without a peep from me. Sorry for the lack of updates. I promise it's because nothing new has been going on!

Tomorrow, I will be exactly 20 weeks along--the halfway point! Honestly, I feel like the last month has snailed by. I can't believe we're only halfway through with this pregnancy! At the same time, we're not nearly ready for the baby yet. We'll be very busy for the next 20 weeks!

So here's some average 20-week stats (we can compare them to what we learn at my ultrasound on Tuesday!)

Baby weighs about 10 oz. and 10 inches from head to heel

If it's a girl, she has all of the eggs she will ever have already inside her tiny uterus (or wherever eggs hang out before puberty...I should have paid more attention if sex ed.

Baby has already developed sleep habits similar to that of a newborn. It may even already have a favorite sleeping position.

Baby will spend the remainder of the pregnancy gaining weight and gaining strength. It now has all of it's organs developed and in the right place. They've just got to get stronger!

And here's some facts about me, during my 20th week of pregnancy!

Latest symptom: Heartburn. Not fun. And I still haven't looked up what a safe treatment option would be. I know Tums are not.

Gained: 17 pounds. A lot! But I was a thin girl before the pregnancy, and I imagine that I'll lose the baby weight pretty quickly if I work hard.

Baby kicks: At night and in the morning. Pretty much any time I'm super relaxed. I think he wants attention. The kicks are generally on the left side of my bellybutton.

Milestone: People are now asking me if I'm expecting from looking at me. I guess I look pregnant enough that people are feeling confident in their guess that I'm pregnant

No comments :

Post a Comment