Friday, December 30, 2011

This week, in Baby-and-Mom News

I'm just going to do this in bullet format because there isn't much new anyway, and it's easier!

  • This week, the baby has been kicking up a storm! I happened to be up at 2 am last night and noticed a lot of movement. Hopefully the Bee will learn quickly that night time is NOT the time for being wide awake!
  • Our previously-agreed upon names are being rethought a little bit. The first names are pretty set--I would be shocked if they changed. But we're wavering on the middle names. I think this might be something that isn't set until it's on the birth certificate. 
  • We have tentatively set the baptism date for Saturday, May 26th. Memorial Day Weekend makes travel much easier for our families, and it falls at the perfect time (the baby will definitely be born by then).
  • My wardrobe practically doubled over the holiday. My mom and I hit up the department stores and she got me a lot of great stuff. I also found a great sale at Motherhood yesterday and bought another three tops and a dress. I think I'm actually done with Maternity shopping now. I have plenty. Overall, I think I spent less than $100 (I got a lot of gifts, and lends from friends). 
  • I've been plenty irritable lately and muscle soreness has started (maybe these two symptoms are related?). Baths are nice. As are massages from my loving husband.
  • I'm weighing in at 139 for an official weight gain of 22 pounds. Which is just about a pound a week. I think I would be ok with gaining 40 the whole pregnancy. 
  • At week 23, I have reached the age of viability. If I had the baby tonight, the odds would be better than 50/50 for survival. Of course, the idea still terrifying. Keep cooking, baby!

No comments :

Post a Comment