Sunday, January 29, 2012

Third Trimester!

Well, as of Friday I am officially in my third trimester. The home stretch! I have to say, I'm sorry to see the second semester go. This morning, putting my shoes on was noticeably more difficult than it was five weeks ago. My lower back is starting to ache, and I have to pee a lot more. On the plus side, the baby moves a lot these days. It's now easy for me to tell when he's asleep or awake. And he's getting big! He is now about a foot long and weighs more than two pounds!

I'm starting to get a little more anxious about being a mother. It always seemed so far off, but now I have less than 13 weeks to go! There's a lot we still need to buy/setup/discuss before the baby comes. But it's exciting as well. I can NOT wait to find out if we're having a son or a daughter. I am looking forward to that moment so much. Getting to call the baby by name will be so awesome.

The second trimester is when I truly began to accept our new role as parents. Way back at week 13, I didn't have many feeling about my pregnancy other than extreme anxiety. But getting to see his tiny fingers, and feel him move within me has caused me to fall completely in love with the life growing inside me. I'm excited to be in the third trimester mostly because it means that the pregnancy will be over soon. I'm not one of those women that enjoy being pregnant...I can't wait to meet our child. So I can't wait for what's next!

No comments :

Post a Comment