Monday, October 14, 2013

Mom and Rhett's Day Out

I had a rare Monday off for Columbus Day (actually I have to work this coming Saturday so it was kind of a make-up day for that). When I heard I was going to get a weekday off, I decided that I wanted to take Rhett out to do something. Usually on the weekends, all of the touristy spots around town are pretty busy and we don't get to enjoy them as much as I'd like. My first plan was to head out to a children's museum, The Magic House, but upon further research, it's closed on Mondays! (lame). So I decided to pack up and head out to the Botanical Gardens for the day. I've been wanting to go to the Botanical Gardens for ages but I always find an excuse not to.  Josh snapped some mommy-toddler photos before we left:


The gardens were nice! There weren't a ton of people around so I let Rhett walk around and explore a lot. I think it's good for him to be able to go wherever his feet take him and I was more than happy to just let him run around and do whatever he wanted. Of course it made for a lot of shots of his back, but I think that's actually a pretty fair representation of what outings are like for us these days. 
He really liked that rope bridge and he was really proud of himself for making it all the way across all by himself. It was steep! Another favorite was a little hedge maze they had. As many of you know, I'm a big Steven King fan. So chasing my son through a hedge maze amused me to no end. He got a kick out of it too. 
We had a really good time at the gardens. I hope to be able to go with Josh sometime in the near future and get even better pictures of all of us. I'm hoping the leaves will change soon and we'll have a chance to go back and see all of the different colors--Fall is a magical time in St. Louis and I'm looking forward to enjoying it. 




No comments :

Post a Comment