Sunday, February 5, 2012

3rd Trimester Woes (Already!)

Well, I'm a good week into my third trimester and already, I'm not feeling it. Sleep has become noticeably more uncomfortable. Last night I woke up at 4:30 with sore muscles and couldn't get back to sleep. I'm also more restless in general at night in general--it takes me a good half hour to settle down and go to sleep.

I also am having more trouble bending down. Josh helped me put my shoes on for about a week before he told me we were going out to buy me some shoes that I can slip on (which are really cute by the way...). I've taken to cleaning by sitting on the floor and scooting around putting all the clutter up on the couch instead of bending down to pick up each item.

My belly-button is almost completely flat. I expect it will pop out some time within the next month. I"m carrying the baby really low (which supposedly means its a boy) and all around, rather than straight out (which supposedly means its a girl). I don't have any stretch marks (yet!) But the skin is definitely starting to feel tight. My ankles and feet are also sore most days.

So that's where I'm at, heading straight into the third trimester. I've got 12 weeks to go and I'm only going to get more miserable from here! (or so people LOVE to remind me). In almost exactly two months, the baby will be considered full term and the doctor won't stop labor. Which is comforting and kind of scary at the same time! I'm really looking forward to having my baby in my arms, but I am NOT looking forward to labor and delivery. I'm calling to schedule my tour of the birthing center this week, so I'll update soon about that!

No comments :

Post a Comment