Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Grandma Visits!


My mom had the chance to come up to St. Louis for a visit this week! Rhett loves visitors, especially family. He is getting really social, so being around new people is always totally thrilling for him (and exhausting!)
Getting to see my parents as grandparents is WEIRD. I've just never had any idea what they would be like in that role, and it's really new and cool for me. They are so in love with the baby, it's so amazing to watch them interact with Rhett. Rhett is so blessed to have so many people in his life who love him so much
Grandma always brings new outfits
With my mom here, Josh and I got to go on our first real date since Rhett has been born! It was fun, we went to a movie and just relaxed. Rhett was asleep for the night before the movie even started, so I didn't have to worry about him all night, which was great. It's nice to have family around to watch him, as I wouldn't trust a baby sitter just yet.

We also took our first trip to the zoo as a family! It was really, really hot. But Rhett actually enjoyed watching the monkeys swing from branch to branch. Josh held him up in front of a snake display. Rhett focused in on the snake, looked at it for about five seconds and then started wailing. So I guess he's afraid of snakes. Apparently these things start young.

No comments :

Post a Comment