Saturday, July 7, 2012

Why Hello

Hello, neglected blog and blog readers.

We have been busy, busy, busy over the last couple of weeks with our move to the new and exciting city of St. Louis. There's a lot coming our way over the next two years in this city and we're thrilled to finally be here.

All of the boxes are unpacked, but not everything is put away. Rhett's room and the kitchen are completely done, but everything else looks like a tornado went through it. We really like our new apartment. The pessimist in me feels compelled to notice the lack of closet space and icebox, but really, the place is very, very nice and I think we'll be very happy here. I get teary thinking of Rhett taking his first steps in the living room.

And speaking of Rhett...GUESS WHO'S BEEN SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT? I'm cautiously optimistic that this behavior will continue. I know babies will sometimes sleep for like, a week and then never again. But it has been really nice to get the extra hours of sleep this week, because we've been exhausted. Last night, he slept from about 10:00-7:00 (!!!!!!!)

St. Louis is like, insanely hot right now. I am not used to this weather at all, and neither is Rhett. He hasn't worn clothes in a few days and has developed a love of fans. We finally caved and have been keeping the a/c at a pretty low level. I'm not looking forward to the gas bill, but I don't think you can put a price on air conditioning when the temperature is in the triple digits.

I'll be updating soon with pictures of our new place, Rhett's nursery (spoiler alert: I'm not thrilled with it), and new pictures of the baby (he's huge!)

No comments :

Post a Comment