Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Hanging in There

We're still hanging out at the hospital. We've gotten nothing but good news lately--Rhett was too hot in his incubator today, so they think they're going to take him out of there soon. His blood sugar shot up to over 100 last night, so they significantly decreased his I.V. and he should be coming off of that in the near future as well. He gained an ounce yesterday, which puts him two ounces over his birth weight at 4 pounds, 6 ounces.

Josh has been back to work this week. He's working the night shift, which is 70 hours this week, and then next week he'll be off. It's really, really difficult for him to work, catch up on some sleep and come back and forth from the hospital to visit Rhett. It's been stressful not being able to be together as a family. I'm clinging to the hope that we'll all get to be together and home next week (or soon...just soon would be wonderful!)

Things are going well. Being at the hospital still wears on me, but I can't stand to leave. I'm pumping milk around the clock for him, which has been going well. It's about the only thing I'm actually able to do for my son right now and it's been a huge blessing.

From what we've been able to tell so far--
Rhett likes: being swaddled, eating, sleeping on his belly (which he's allowed to do here because he's all hooked up to monitors), arching his back, looking at faces and being talked to

Rhett DOESN'T LIKE: his feet being touched, his diaper being wet, being passed around when he's content, his pacifier falling out of his mouth and not being able to see (they blind fold him when he's under the UV lights).

He's a very cute baby and doing very cute things. I love watching his face. He get hiccups after he eats and he has the cutest baby sneezes. His face already looks rounder and fuller than when he was born and his hair is a little bit thicker. It's crazy how fast he's changing!

That's the update for now, I'm going to try to remember to take my camera into the nursery more often. It's hard to get good pictures of him when he's attached to so many things, but I'm going to work on it. So I'll have new ones up soon.

No comments :

Post a Comment