Saturday, November 19, 2011

Doctor's Appointment! Week 17

Our doctor's appointment on Thursday went really well. All of my current lab work is coming back perfectly. I had to get a pap smear that made me sore for a full 24 hours! Yowza. The baby's heart rate is strong and normal at 140. According to an old wive's tale, heart rates about 140 mean we're having a girl, and below means boy. Our baby would  keep us guessing! I gained three pounds since my last appointments (weighing in at 133). The doctor said that I'm on track for weight gain. We scheduled the anatomy scan for December 13th. I am so excited (and a little nervous) to see the baby again. The A/S will determine, more than anything we're doing, that the baby is healthy and growing properly. Since my due date is a little harder to determine (due to my insanely irregular and long menstrual cycles), we'll also get to see how far along the baby is at that point. This will also be the appointment where we could find out the sex, if we were wanting to do so. Josh is firmly in the "we're waiting" camp, which is good because I'm already starting to get tempted!

I also took my measurements last night. I am expanding! I am now 38-34-34. That is (for anyone counting), 4 inches on my bust, six inches on my waist (!), and my hips have stayed the same (though I'm guessing that won't be true for long....).  I'm looking forward to my waist line being bigger than my chest, because I'm guessing that will make me look more pregnant and less flat. As it stands, my clothes hang off my chest, so it's hard to get the defined "bump" unless I'm defining it with my hands or a belt around my ribs (which just seems like attention whoring).

No comments :

Post a Comment