Saturday, November 26, 2011

My Nursery Inspiration Board!


Well, here it is. I made an inspiration board! Now normally, I'm not really into nursery "themes". I think it's a little silly to spend a lot of time and money on coordinating everything into a theme. But I love bright colors, and I have fallen in love with  these pieces from The Hungry Caterpillar. So here's what I'm thinking--I love the caterpillar crib sheets in the top right corner. They're from Pottery Barn. I also love the bear and kangaroo prints. They're available on amazon. I want to frame them and hang them on the wall. The walls of the nursery will be white, so I think it will be nice to add some color. I also like the colorful fabric swatches on the right. They're from an Eric Carle fabric collection. I would like to make curtains out of them, and possibly a bed skirt as well. Other than that, I just want to fill the room with tons of bright, colorful items. I like the green, red, purple color scheme and might stick pretty closely. with that.  So, it's not really a TON of themey items. I just really love the colors, and I think it's a nice palette that will be fun for either sex. I have discovered recently that I really hate the sickeningly pastel palettes that are so popular for babies. I don't think they're very fun, and I don't think I would enjoy living in such a room.  I am a little weary of trying to put this room together, because I know I'll be gifted a ton of items that don't really "go". And while it doesn't really matter (babies don't know the difference), I think I would be disappointed if I worked to make it look a certain way, and then had to scramble to find places for things that don't coordinate. So it's still just an idea, for now. At the very least, I think I am going to order the crib sheets. They are just too cute to pass up.

No comments :

Post a Comment