Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Did he or didn't he?

This is a post about the baby. For the sake of this blog (and in my real life, really), I will always refer to the baby as "he". It just feels more "right". We've been thinking from day one that this kid is definitely a boy. And while I'm well aware of the odds, I'll reserve the right to think of my child as a masculine child until I am proven wrong.

Apparently, my child is now the size of an avocado
But anyway... I have reached by sixteenth week of pregnancy, which is nearing the four month mark. The milestone that I (think) I hit this week is that I have felt movement from the baby. Now it's very difficult to tell if what's going on in there is actual baby movement, or just air bubbles, hunger pangs, or my uterus stretching out. But I'm believing more and more that it is movement from the life growing inside of me (haha...I love all of the cheesy phrases I get to use when I'm pregnant). It feels sort of like a popping, but against the wall of my stomach. It's always in about the same area..just to the right of my belly button. In the same spot, I've also felt flutters that will last several seconds. My understanding is that in the next few weeks, as the baby grow, I will become more and more assured of what I am feeling. 16 weeks is on the low end of the normal period for feeling movement. So it could be my mind playing tricks on me, or it could be the beginning of a new and exciting phase of pregnancy. Baby movement seems like so much fun, and I can't wait until I can tell exactly what's going on in there, and for when others can feel the kicks and punches as well.

No comments :

Post a Comment