Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Fun Facts, Week 34

I'm going to forget this stuff if I don't write it down!
  • This morning I weighed in at 149 pounds, up 33 pounds from the start. Still on track with my plan of not gaining more than 40. Woo hoo!
  • Lately, Josh and I have taken to walking around the block over and over for our evening walk. Eventually, I will start having Braxton Hicks on these walks. By keeping the walks short and repetitive, we can stop as soon as I'm feeling uncomfortable
  • On those walks, we talk a lot about how we'll soon be doing it pushing a stroller. It's so thrilling!
  • We've been playing a game for the past few weeks that we call "where's the Bee?" Basically, Josh just tries to "find" the baby as fast as he can by feeling around on my belly. The Bee moves from side to side a lot, so it's fun to track it down.
  • Recently, the Bee was found on both sides of my belly at once...so this kid is getting BIG!
  • The Bee loves music! I went to a youth gathering this past weekend, with a very loud band. When the music came on, the Bee was very active, and I'm CERTAIN he was kicking along with the rhythm of the music. We've got a musical baby!
  • We've decided that the cutesy nickname that we're bestowing up our next child will be The Honeybee. We've started referring to it as such, and we call ourselves "The Beekeepers". (we're dorks and we know it)
  • I'm feeling pretty good for a 34.5 weeker. My energy is keeping up--I'm sleeping well. I don't have any swelling. I'm still going on walks and doing some exercise-like stretching in the afternoons. The only soreness that I'm really dealing with is my inner thighs. Things are going well, even if I do like to complain about pregnancy sometimes
  • I haven't had a ton of craving during pregnancy, but this trimester I've been eating cereal all. the. time. I typically have 2-3 bowls a day of different kinds. I like that it's sweet and crunchy and the milk is nice and cool. So that will probably be THE craving that defines this pregnancy. Sugary cereals. 
  • That being said, the weirdest thing that I've asked Josh to run out and get for me was EXTRA SHARP cheddar cheese and popsicles. This was awhile ago, so in the dead of winter. What an odd combination but that is WHAT I WANTED and he obliged.

No comments :

Post a Comment