Saturday, March 31, 2012

On Nesting

So does the "nesting" phenomena really exist, or is it just an urban legend? I've been curious myself lately. I've been getting urges to get things ready for the baby. A week or so ago, I freaked out and wanted all of the baby's things ready to go. So I washed everything, put it all away, and made up the three (count em) different beds we have for the Bee. And then...my energy to do anything pretty much died. Until today. Our house is kind of a mess, and I started to get the feeling that if I didn't do some cleaning, the baby would be DISAPPOINTED in us as parents. He can't come home for the first time to a messy house, he just can't! So today, I've been cleaning like a madwoman. I'm taking frequent breaks, to reserve my energy, but I'm not entirely sure I need them. I just got finished cleaning all of the tiny crevices in the bathroom with a toothbrush which is....not something I normally do.

So who knows? I'm currently huge, and having backaches, and not sleeping as well as I would like. But somewhere my body IS finding the energy to clean, clean, clean. So I guess I'm a believer--nesting seems like a real thing to me. And it's a good thing too, because my house could really use a through cleaning. That toothbrush is doing wonders for my bathroom

No comments :

Post a Comment