Thursday, March 1, 2012

Josh's Birthday and 32 Weeks!

I can't believe it's March! I can officially say I'm having a baby next month! (if the Bee doesn't decide to wait around until May or make an early appearance). Time sure does fly. I keep hearing that the next eight weeks are going to creep by. I certainly hope so, because we've got a lot to get done before this little baby makes his/her appearance!

It was Josh's (real) birthday yesterday! Fact--I have never celebrated a "real" birthday with Josh. Last Leap Day, Josh was enjoying his birthday with his parents and some friends from college. They dressed up in formal dresses and suits and hit the town--by going to Old Chicago in Lincoln, Nebraska! (yes, he was kind of lame before he met me). Josh and I had our very first date in March that year, so I JUST missed his real birthday. So now it's four years later, we're married with a baby on the way and I've never gotten to experience the wonder that is Josh's actual birthday. I asked him if he would have thought in 2008 that he would have a wife and baby by his next birthday and he said he never would have imagined it. So much can happen between Leap days--I wonder where we'll be next time!

But anyway, as of tomorrow I am 32 weeks along, and my due date is now less than two months away. I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday, and everything is coming along. My blood pressure is still normal, I've gained a total of 30 pounds, which keeps me on track to keep under my goal of 40. My fundal height was a teensy bit big, meaning the baby could be big, or I could go into labor a little early. But it's really too soon to tell. The doctor will know more after my next appointment.

I've been fighting UTIs this entire pregnancy (TMI?). My urine went in for one final test on Tuesday and if it comes back positive, I'll have to remain on antibiotics for the rest of the pregnancy, and possibly during labor and delivery as well. It's kind of a bummer, and you never like to hear 'bad' news at the doctor's office, but the baby is healthy and I'll remain healthy once I'm on medicine. So I can't complain too much.

My hips are noticeably wider this week--my maternity jeans aren't fitting as comfortably. Which means I'm reduced to work pants and dresses. I wish I could wear flowy springy dresses 24/7 but Michigan weather is not allowing that yet. Hopefully soon I'll be in the clear. Dresses are super-comfy and I've been wearing them around the house fairly often.

That's pretty much it for this update. I promise I'll post pictures of me soon, as well as some nursery progress photos. Josh's parents are coming to visit tomorrow, so I've got some housework that needs to take priority, but then I'll be all over it! 

Auf wiedersehen my lovlies!

No comments :

Post a Comment