Friday, September 7, 2012

Trucking Along

We're doing well so far! Josh has completed his first week of school, and he is really enjoying his time so far. He's going to be writing a blog post soon about some of his experiences in school so far.

I'm honestly struggling a bit to come to a place of peace with my role in our family for the next few years. I want to be a strong support system for Josh while he is at Seminary, and our family really needs me to take on the role of 'breadwinner' for now, but I am really having a hard time with working away from my home. Getting to be a stay at home mom was always a huge goal for me. I think that children and parents benefit so much from having someone to stay with the kids during the day and keep the household running smoothly. Having to leave my baby at someone else's house every day has been difficult me. I'm even jealous of the time that Josh gets to spend with Rhett, because I want to be doing it so badly. I'm just kind of down about it and I feel guilty for not being more enthusiastic about doing my part in this seminary journey.

I do have (yet another!) job opportunity on the table. An ELCA congregation is looking for a Youth Director to run their middle and high school programs. I'm really excited about the idea, but we're unsure of how to work around the issue of it being a different denomination and how we would handle being so involved in a church with a different belief system from our own. I have decided to go to the interview on Thursday and see what they have to say. I think I would be really great at the job, and it would be fulfilling for me personally. So I'm excited to see what they have to say. Just apprehensive about the whole thing.

We're doing ok. Getting used to being on a school schedule again is a challenge, but we're loving each other and remaining true to our commitment to being here together. It's such a joy for me to see my husband so happy in what he is doing. 2011 was without a doubt the most difficult time of our lives and we're excited for what lays ahead. I fully trust that God will guide us through the next four years and we will come out on the other side stronger and with a greater sense of purpose for our lives.

No comments :

Post a Comment